Pain Area and aspects for consideration:
- If location is not feasible on any last mile?
- Will it be a cost effective solution?
- Up to what level of redundancy and uptime commitment?
- What the ports required to connect SIM or Dongle based solutions?
- Which Routing protocol support by CE Router.?
- Where GRE Tunneling is required?
- Solution proposed
Customers are using MPLS network extensively these days to connect their n no of locations because of scalibility/security feature. While implementing MPLS Network there are many challenges like Customer does not have permission to install network on their premises or any xyz reasons, but one way to over come this problem is last mile will be on 2G/3G network because for providing this Service provider does not have to extend their Network upto customer premises, just place the SIM based CPE or connect through Dongle at customer’s location. In today’s scenario MPLS service providers have already integrated Mobile packet backbone network with MPLS Core Router so that they can have extensive reach for their customers.Now MPLS Service provider can provide Hybrid MPLS to their customer by providing last mile connectivity on different types according to the feasilbity and for non-feasible locations they can provide on 2G/3G/4G as a last mile connectivity.Since 2G/3G services are provided on shared infrastructure hence service providers cannot garanttee the bandwidth(Committed) to the end customer, but this cost effective solution for those customers who’s application does not consume much bandwidth. Only static routing protocol would work in CE Routers and Routers should have SIM slot or USB slot to insert SIM or Dongle for WAN connecitivity along with LAN.CE router should also support GRE Tunnelling to support two way communication.
- Technical Arrangement
- Customer can use HUB and Spoke or Mesh Topology on the above hybrid MPLS model.
- CE Routing protocol will static at least for Access private Network site.
- Router should have SIM Slot or USB slot to connect Dongle.
- For 2-way communication GRE Tunneling configuration is required on CE Router.
- For Internet Sharing across all location customer should have firewall with Proxy Server feature.