Pain Area and aspects for consideration:
- Which Topology suits for their existing Infrastructure?
- Difference between HUB and Spoke or Mesh Topology?
- Which routing protocol between CE-PE used for their requirement?
- Latency Commitment?
- Security feature?
- What type of QOS is required for their application?
- Solution Proposed
In MPLS VPN this is Second one of the Topology which is used by most of the customers, where any location can speak to any location into that particular MPLS Cloud. In this Scenario everyone wanted to communicate their ERP Server/Video Conference/VOIP and File Transfer which are anywhere placed in any of the Customers location. IN Mesh all the location are connected to each other which offer better latency so that applications can be access seamlessly because traffic flow from CE to CE directly instead of being comes to HUB first and then route to respective CE .MPLS CE (Customer Edge) is further connected to Service Provider PE (Provider Edge) Router which transports the Customer packet to the rest of Customers location through MPLS Cloud. CE-PE Routing Protocol -RIPv2, EIGRP, Static, OSPF and BGP. Although Static would be the most suitable protocol to be used between CE-PE if customer has limited set of LAN Routes and BGP to be used where more no of LAN routes to be advertised from CE to PE.
Every Customer has separate VRF in MPLS Cloud and all the Customer locations exchange their Routing information in that particular VRF, so any customer can use same set of IP address into their network and IP would not clash each other because of different VRF for every customer. Service provider Configure RD and RT values Export/Import into Customer VRF so that every location can communicate with any location.
- IN MESH- Any location can communicate with any location.
- Configure Separate VRF for every customer in PE.
- CE Router should have 1 Layer3 port + 1 Layer2 port.
- CE-PE any Routing protocol supported by MPLS Technology.
- Import and Export RT will be same for all the locations.
- QOS need to configure as per the application requirement.